Friday, March 28, 2014

Slice of Life and Celebrate This Week - Reflecting on Spring Break













Slice of Life is sponsored on Tuesdays by Two Writing Teachers. For the month of March we are posting a slice each day on our blog. Join in!

I’m joining up with Ruth Ayres for her weekly link-up, Celebrate This Week. Check out all of the posts linked up at her blog HERE. Thanks for starting this, Ruth!


I woke up this morning wondering how my students were doing with the Slice of Life challenge over break. As always, I have thoroughly enjoyed it, but look forward to a break come Tuesday. In writing I am feeling tugged in many directions. I need to write for myself – which often takes the form of this blog and my journal. I need to write for Choice Literacy – it has been several months since I wrote an article for them. I planned to get several done over break, but haven’t. I also need to get a couple pieces of writing done for various projects that friends are working on. Finally, I need to write more for myself about relationships in the classroom and see if there is any direction that I could take that could ultimately end up published. So, while I love the March challenge, I feel like my writing brain is going in a million directions and I’m just treading water. I think I will likely take a week off from blogging after the Slice Challenge and try to check some items off my to do list.

Today and tomorrow are my last days of spring break. It has been a relaxed week spent mainly at home. I’d say I read a lot this week, wrote some, dreamed up ideas, and spent time with family. In other words, almost a perfect week. The main thing I didn’t check off was that I got little to no exercise in as I have been struggling with back issues. I’m hoping to turn that around next week. For my “slice” and my “celebrate this week” post, I chose to go with an Animoto video again. I do love them and hope you do too. Hope your week has been amazing!

In a Perfect World by The Sam Chase